Saturday, September 24, 2022

Dairy Free Talk, Advice and Tips

 When I first went dairy free I chose to just avoid foods that needed cheese. I made a list of all the foods and dishes I liked that did not involve cheese at all. Like meatloaf and roasted chicken, seafood, vegetable stir-fry and so on. It just seems my clients that immediately try to use any of the "dairy free cheeses" on the market right away are so disappointed that many abandon the diet all together only to start feeling sick again and start all over.

I've had allergies all my life. Went to an allergist until they made my allergy pills available without a prescription as I am sure many of you did as well. First of all let me mention that I found my allergy pills work MUCH BETTER if I take it with a full glass of water. Huge difference in how effective it is.

I took (still take) two to three allergy medications. Two daily, and one as needed. The one thing I no longer have to do, thank goodness, is use nasal sprays. I hated being congested and I hated using nasal sprays even more. This is where going dairy free comes in.....

I found that after a few weeks of being completely dairy free my nasal congestion stopped all together and I no longer needed the nasal spray. [jumping up and down and celebrating].

Now I still too a decongestant tablet daily; but that tablet and being dairy free has completely stopped any nasal congestion for me. You may experience the same thing. 

Another benefit I noticed after going dairy free is my urine flow is much stronger and it does not take so long to get the urine flow started.

There are many varieties of dairy free products out there now. Not like when I first went dairy free 15 years ago. Milk, cheeses, sour cream, cream cheese, yogurt, ice cream and more. Now for me, I have to also look for dairy free products that are also soy free. I avoid soy completely. I can tell if I can even the slightest bit of soy because I begin having a problem controlling my temper. I get angry and combative about the silliest of things and I do not seem to have any control over it. Others have uncontrollable bouts of crying. Avoiding all the soy has saved the day!!

My bestselling 'grocery list' booklet is a gluten and dairy free grocery list, but, for those of you avoiding gluten, dairy, soy and also nightshades I have a 'grocery list' booklet for you too!

https://amzn.to/3C1MJiH


No comments:

Post a Comment